WANT TO HELP SUPPORT PACIFIC STUDENT-ATHLETES?
2019 Orange & Black Ball Recap
The Orange and Black Ball, which has become one of the premier events in the community, began with the welcoming of all guests by Pacific’s student-athletes followed by an opportunity to mingle with coaches and staff, participate in a silent and live auction, sample hors d’oeuvres, taste a variety of beer and wine options from the area, enjoy a gourmet dinner, enter a raffle drawing, and listen to live entertainment to conclude the night.
The evening also featured a Fund-A-Need appeal to support the important issue of mental health and wellness of student-athletes, which has been a growing topic of concern across the NCAA. A record amount of $27,215 was raised thanks in part to matching funds donated by Crestwood Behavioral Health Inc., Watts Equipment and our emcee for the evening, Amanda King.
Through the support of the community, the 20th Annual Orange & Black Ball successfully grossed a total of approximately $216,000, while netting over $100,000 for Pacific Athletics! This year’s celebration was another huge success capped by a record amount of over $50,000 in sponsorships thanks to the PAF’s title sponsor, Kaiser Permanente, as well as the involvement of the following sponsors:
- Kaiser Permanente (Title)
- Ray Morgan Company (Gold)
- Crestwood Behavioral Health (Gold)
- Amanda King (Silver)
- F&M Bank (Silver)
- Lagorio Family of Companies (Silver)
- Pacific Construction (Silver)
- Port of Stockton (Silver)
- Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center (Silver)
- Community Foundation of San Joaquin (Silver)
- Golden Bear Insurance (Silver)
- Tokay Press (Silver)
- Watts Equipment Co. (Silver)
- 209 Furniture (Bronze)
- Art Godi Realtors (Bronze)
- California Rock and Ready (Bronze)
- Courtyard Marriott (Bronze)
- F.J. Dietrich & Co. Insurance Services (Bronze)
- Finance of America Mortgage (Bronze)
- Hawk Heating and Air (Bronze)
- Motion Morada Physical Therapy (Bronze)
- Panera Bread (Bronze)
- Residence Inn Marriott (Bronze)
- San Joaquin County Office of Education (Bronze)
- Weibel Family Winery (Bronze)
- Segale Travel Services (Event)
Our Grand Prize Raffle Winners for the evening’s event were the following:
- 7 Night Alaskan Princess Cruise – Lisa Dugoni
- 5 Nights at Fairmont Orchid in Maui, Hawaii and 2 Round Trip Tickets – Scott Biedermann
- 2 Round Trip Tickets & 2 Night Stay at The Luxor in Las Vegas – Julius & Faye Hastings
- 2 Round Trip Tickets & 2 Night Stay at The Bellagio in Las Vegas – Michael Duffy
- WCC Basketball Championship Tickets – Wendy Grupe
A named endowment can be established with a minimum cash or estate/planned gift of $50,000 and designated to support a specific sport or purpose within the Athletic Department. You can also endow a head coaching position, the highest honor that can be bestowed by an athletics department.
PAF Fund Drive
The PAF is currently looking for dedicated fans to participate in the PAF Fund Drive. Volunteers are needed to help ask for donations to support Pacific Athletics, which is integral to the success of the PAF’s primary mission of securing cash and gifts-in-kind.